Sunday, October 30, 2005

The Power of Thanks

Why is it so important? Because miring oneself in one's own "trials" produces nothing but a skewed perspective on reality. It usually engenders beliefs like entitlement and questions like "Why me?" and sometimes even great ones such as "Nobody Understands..."

Garbage. The fact is that most people (especially here in the West) are so well off it's disgusting. The only things that truly makes a rich American different than a poor African are the circumstances into which they're born.

The reason why thanks is necessary is to remind oneself of the gifts bestowed. It changes the perspective and rearranges the mind's order concerning what is ultimately more important.

So what are you thankful for? Write it down, tell a friend, write it here. Regardless, be mindful of the blessings you have and give thanks even in difficult circumstances.

Peace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so profound! Hey did you get our crazy message... out of control... I live with a bunch of psychos! Anyway... just wanted to let you know you have inspired me to be more creative in my blogging... tomorrow... I will be more creative tomorrow! :) It was fun hanging out... let's do it again soon.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful to be Joshua. It is great to be me, I have great friends, an education, enough food, a supportive family, I am beautiful. What more could I want. God has been good to me. My biggest concern is what to wear tomorrow. jk

Sam said...

Hey Sarah,

I got your message. But I didn't have any phone numbers to call back to. Have a good week.