Thursday, October 13, 2005

On the Horizon



You know what's great? A strong cup of coffee early in the AM before all the young bucks get up to go to class on a test day. Nice fall day.

That's right: I'm on campus today at the great instution of the Bluegrass. I'm thinking about mixing it up with some indian food at the Kashmir today.

The photo seen here is of Hurricane Katrina moving in off the coast (taken from Mississippi I believe).

I'm not sure why these pictures are so captivating...Maybe it's the impending doom and power imposed on a quiet countryside. I wish I could understand better how to interact with tragedy in the world, and the correct mindset towards it. It seems that we should have the same mind in us as Christ had; but what exactly is that for a hurricane in the South?

I need to be more like "Rain falling on a mown field" in response to the world's pain than I currently am. May we not forget how our "riches" look in the view of a loving, almighty creator.

No comments: