Monday, May 21, 2007

The Power of Perpetuity


Sam, why must you strange conjugations of words? Because I must, because I must.
Have you ever asked yourself or realized at some salient moment that you've forgotten so many things that were simple and true and made your life better, but were let go of because they were either too simple or just a little below you?
Let's try to say this another way: ever noticed how crappy pop songs can get stuck in your head forever? (Hey now, you're an all-star... or Girl you're my angel, you're my darlin' angel, closer than my peeps you are to me-e, ooh ooh). I hope I didn't just ruin your day reading those, but the point is clear: our minds are affected by the things we allow to consume them, so what are we consumed with? Is it truth? Is it life-giving? If you had kids, or people you really wanted to be healthy and live a good (whom you influence), would you put the things in their head that you let rule your inner monologue? A few words to focus on and repeat to oneself during a day can make a monumental difference. Truth and Peace. Mercy and Hope. Passion and Justice. Grace and Patience. Belief and Love.
What fills your mind and defines your daily movements?

2 comments:

Sandy said...

For some time now I have been pondering, what love will really look like, sound, smell and DO in my primary relationships - how love would think about the people in my life, how love would engage or refuse to engage them, how love would serve and forgive and encourage them.

The other thing I keep mulling over is HOPE - the mystery of it - how it is formed in us, how deeply ingrained in the human psyche it seems to be, exactly how we lose it and regain it - I keep finding it amazing that the Bible lists it as one of the three qualities that persist and remain when everything else is gone. It seems that the more I experience or witness suffing, the more that trio of faith, hope, and love both baffles and makes sense to me.

Sandy said...

whoops, that would be "...the more I experience or witness suffering.."