Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I always knew women talked too much to be healthy



Honestly, if you're offended by the title, you should really consider taking yourself a little less seriously.

Heard about this on NPR last week and found it rather intriguing. Apparently, young women are prone to co-rumination in over-abundance, leading to further problems and worsened mental state.

Now, it seemed this was too good to be true (and it was). The hope was to have irrefutible evidence that whenever a female said something I didn't like, I could simply cite this research and inform them of their mistake. :D

Sadly enough, talking about your problems isn't a bad thing. Only talking about them too much.

Ah well, there's always next year...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aren't you funny. thanks to me, you know talking about them is the best. by the way, i think you talk about them more than i do. ummmmm........or maybe not!!!

Sam said...

ah yes, but if you read the article, men doing it does not have the same detrimental effect it does on women.

Carrie said...

Suspicious stare. Yer toein' the line, buddy... :) As a woman, I beg to differ and I think that's a silly conclusion. Honestly. I think women are healthier emotionally when they process and it is a bonding process for them. Obviously there's a line of too much talking, but how many people really actually cross it? My guess is that, the majority of "young women" process to an emotionally healthy point and then move on with only a minority indulging in "overabundant rumination". Now I'm going to push my scholarly research glasses back up my nose and walk off importantly like I know what I'm talking about...