Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Ah google, you had me at "I'm feeling lucky"



The author honestly feels a little bad about his inordinate affection for google. But he's torn. He loves the company which continues to improve its offerings and thus continues to have the author's support.

The author justifies his technological romance by not clicking on the ads (but it's not really true, sometimes his interest is piqued enough to follow those crazy ads on the side).

Latest in google's laundry list of life simplifying devices is 1-800-GOOG-411. I suppose you could use 800-FREE-411 but why?

The author is a huge fan of google reader, google documents (which you can keep online), and especially iGoogle (a place to bring together all of the googley goodness), but lately has found himself checking back with google labs just to see what's in the works. Ah google, someday I'm sure you'll turn into a cruel blood-sucking mistress, but today, you are my friend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always click on the ads. Sometimes I write things that are deliberately crazy just so that I can get the craziest randomly generated ads possible.

iGoogle is devilishly wonderful.

Josh Kleinfeld said...

this is scary.

Anonymous said...

It's not even right, but I'm now a Google proponent as well.