Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Up yours, Cold-America!!!

I often chuckle in amazement when people tell me they couldn't picture having thanksgiving without it being cold outside, or Christmas without snow. It's akin to people saying they couldn't have church in a barn or in someone's house...Ludicrous.

If you examine the picture, you will determine that this is in fact a sunrise, and a sunrise at Sebastian inlet is an amazing time of communing with God. In addition, Sebastian has great surfing waves.

Florida takes a lot of crap about being Heaven's Waiting Room and "not part of the true south", blah blah blah...The issue is of course that many people will give you this, "The pilgrims founded the new world and thanked God after over half of their number died in the first year..." This is all well and good, but some Spaniards made it to the coast of Florida long before the Pilgrims got here, and they could at least steer a boat correctly. I just wonder why we don't give Ponce a little more credit. Dude had it right all along.

He got to Florida and said, no mas chaqueta! God has obviously smiled on this place. I can go run 6 miles at night in November (62 degrees, but he probably was thinking celsius). Anyhow, good to be home, My nephew is sweet, and Florida is still a good place.

Oh and if I've offended your Upper East Coast or Midwest sensibilities with this: Get over it and think about where you'd like to vacation in January; that's right, some place warm. Oh and don't take yourself so seriously, it's just weather and you have no control over it.

Also, next time we'll be running over some points from Richard Foster's Freedom of Simplicity. Oh and I need some more thoughts on the Fear/salvation thing. Engage your mind!

And don't forget to thank God for what you have (and of course the awesomeness of the State of Florida). Happy Thanksgiving

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mind doesn't engage, when it is so numbingly cold!!! I am jealous, my friend.