Thursday, August 14, 2008

Response to being Meme'd??

I still don't know what the crap meme is, but Michelle did it to me, but since I don't have 7 blog friends (left unmeme'd), I will stop the chain here and break one of the rules listed below.

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

hence, I will follow rules 1 and 2 and conveniently ignore rules 3&4.

Here goes:

1. I love almost anything buffalo flavored. I just ran into buffalo flavored pretzels via a co-worker and they are one of the greatest creations of man.

2. I often have strange dreams. For instance, last week I dreamed that my dad wanted me to pay for repairs to my first truck (which was stolen while in use by dad's company on a lighted golf course). For some reason in my dream, I didn't even question whether it was reasonable that I be paying for the maintenance. For that matter, he had a company mechanic who worked on it back then anyway, so there's no reason I should have to pay.....I know. It's weird. Another notable dream that comes to mind is my gunfight with the Cosby's. It's ok that I'm more awesome than you. Don't be upset.

3. I am one competitive guy. It's nothing compared to what it used to be. Now I really just enjoy sticking it to somebody when they think they're big stuff. Like dude at the gym rocking his 7:45 minute miles and acting like everybody's in his way because he's the reincarnated Steve Prefontaine. That guy? ya him. I especially enjoying running him down, sitting on his shoulder for about 15 seconds just so he knows I'm there, and then slowly increasing my pace until he breaks off and complains of some injury ailing him or how dry it is in here, etc. That warms the cockles of my heart. I also enjoy doing that in races....especially to skinny people.

4. I like to run in the snow and ice. It makes me feel like winter is not going to win. This has been a source of relational strife.

5. No matter how hard I try, I can't like UK more than UF even though I have 2 degrees from the former and none from the latter.

6. I would kind of like to become a geologist and study volcanoes and seafloor plate spreading.

7. I love hurricanes (when they don't hit, but just make the weather crazy near the coast).

6 comments:

Carrie said...

1. We had Buffalo Chicken Pizza tonight and it was tasty.

2. Maybe you're pregnant. Heh heh. :)

3. That is hilarious. LOL.

4. You are a weirdo.

Sam said...

Carrie

1. Buffalo Chicken pizza is proof #209876543 that God loves us. Look it up.

2. Don't you put that evil on me!...yet.

4. Yes I am.

katy said...

This post made me crave pretzels really badly, so MIke went out and got some. We got the honey mustard with onion, though. :)

Sandy said...

2. You know how I like to ponder those strange dreams...I have some questions and thoughts on this one...

3. This is classic Sam - I love it. One of my favorite memories is you (probably 5-8 years)running and biking along the sidewalk on 102nd Ave, racing the cars, AND telling me that you went faster than they did.

And have you any idea how many Wednesday night "post Awana game circle" discussions we had as to who cheated and why you/your team really won? (although I've probably attributed some discussions with Kyle -same subject- to you)

4. makes perfect sense to me

5. Has this been more relational strife than #4?

6. Interesting...I had no idea

Josh Kleinfeld said...

those pretzels were made 15 minutes from my house...i saw them kill the chickens for the flavoring.

Sam said...

Josh-
good thing we grow those buffalo chickens, eh?

the mating process has always been a bit risky for the chicken, but man it's worth it.