Thursday, December 22, 2005

Unclenching the Fists


It's amazing how God gives things back once we let go of our Kung Fu grip on them. It's almost humorous at times.

I encourage you (and myself especially) to release whatever it is you're holding on to, and ask God to fill the void. Of course, you need to be true about it and actually let go of it. Also, it doesn't mean you will get back what you're holding on to. It might just not be what's best for you.

However, if and when God gives it back, your perspective on said thing will likely be different than it was before.

Merry Christmas and I hope you have some blessed time with family in the coming days.

3 comments:

Josh Kleinfeld said...

You too.

With Open Hands by Nouwen really covers that issue well...

Sam said...

Oh I know...Read it one day remember?

Word.

Anonymous said...

letting go of stuff is hard when in the abstract realm. if i was letting a ball go from my hand's grip, i can see that i have actually let it go. i think it's good advice and i've experienced the fruit of it. i normally didn't get back what i had previously wanted, but i was a better person for it (if i do say so myself).