Friday, December 23, 2005

Confused? Me too

Man one of those 24 hours. I wonder if I should just take a break from asking the questions, troubling my mind, and running up against numerous cerebral roadblocks.

I think the most important thing is to fall back on relationship with God, and function from that.

I'm glad all these dudes are questioning the status quo and asking quo vadamus, but how about take a couple of days here, shut down the "What does this mean?" and "What are we to do?", and simply ponder the coming of the Savior. What a gift to the world! A Christ who showed the way, and whose victory set Grace, Truth, Hope, and Love above imperialism, greed, bitterness, and hate.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe this is the Discipline of Celebration. May the Joy of your Salvation be renewed in the final days of Advent, and may The Holy Spirit reign with truth and grace as soon as we forget.
Blessings.
Emmanuel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm with you on the simplicity of celebration and forgetting the bells and whistles for a little bit.

Anonymous said...

joshua's "my website" link is actually yours, who knew.
well, you probably don't remember me but i met you a while back @ wilmore old fashion - just wanted to send you a merry christmas since i stubmled upon your site! have a good one,
morgan

Sam said...

Merry Christmas to you too, Morgan!
Yes I do remember. Enjoy the break.